Your hub for all things Crews
Your hub for all things Crews
As Crew Leaders, we don’t practice on people.
Below you’ll find your Crew essentials for a successful Crew night
A Few Reminders
Check your email and reach out to new CREW members.
Share these with your friends through text or your social platforms.
Submit your attendance in your church center app. Add new attendees as members in the app.
Keep us posted on any changes or needs you have with your CREW
– Pastor Chris Norman
“Teacher, which commandment is the greatest in the Law?” Jesus declared, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
In 1848 gold was discovered in California and papers all over the nation and world read “Eureka – Gold is found in California”. That discovery was the catalyst of the largest mass movement of people in US history. Eureka means “I found it” – People moved to California with the hopes of finding “it”. Today, people are still living with the longing to find “it “. To find the one thing that will change everything. The one thing that matters more than anything. When Jesus was asked about that one thing, he said that the one thing is relationships. That our relationship with God and our relationship with one another is the gold that our hearts are truly longing for. They are the one thing that changes everything.
The problem we face today is the distraction of fool’s gold. The things of our world that glitter like Gold but are actually not Gold. Sir Martin Frobisher was the first to fall for fool’s gold. Minning it out of Canada and bringing it back to England, losing ships and lives in the process, only to find out that it wasn’t gold.
Read the Scripture and Main idea from above, and then take some time to move through the discussion questions below. Remember, the goal is not to complete all the questions but to facilitate conversation. Use the questions you feel would be best in each section for your group.
1. What stood out to you most in this weekend's message?
2. We need each other!
There will always be things that try to pull us from each other. We won't play the fool.
- Share about a time you’ve experienced community and how it made a difference in your life.
- Statistics tell us that people are more disconnected than ever before. Why do you think that is? What keeps us from experiencing genuine community?
- What are some of the keys to developing a genuine community?
- One of the things that “glitters” and tries to fool us is individualism. The thought that “I can do it on my own.” – What are the dangers of individualism?
- Why do you think people fall for individualism?
- What do you think would help you most in experiencing deeper community?
- How can this community best come alongside you in this season?
ALL THAT GLITTERS ISN'T GOLD
2. We Need God!
There will always be things that try to pull us from God.
- What are some of the things that pull most people away from a deeper relationship with God?
- What are some keys to developing a deeper relationship with God?
This year we’re all going to expend energy and prioritize different things. We wanna make sure and spend energy in the right direction by prioritizing our relationship with each other and our relationship with God above all the lesser things.
Call To Action
Spend some time with God, confessing anything that has gotten in the way of your relationship with him. God says when we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins. If there are particular areas in your life right now that you need some help, don’t hesitate to reach out to your community.
Take some time to take prayer requests and pray for one another.
**Leaders, if you feel like it could help open us some transparency, you can always always split co-ed groups into a guys and girls prayer group.